The Orthoptics Australia Organisation.
With members in all states of Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong, OA is managed by a Federal Council comprising office-bearers (President, Vice President, President Elect, Secretary & Treasurer) and representatives from each State.
The states of New South Wales and Victoria have formed State Branches, while Council representatives from the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, South Australia and Tasmania maintain contact and disseminate information to their members.
Our members are represented at Federal and State levels of government, allied health and other relevant organisations through the work of the office bearers and councillors.
Orthoptics Australia maintains strong relationships with, and represents members at:
- International Orthoptic Association (IOA) – Orthoptics Australia members also receive membership of the IOA
- Australian Orthoptic Board
- Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Ophthalmology (RANZCO)
- RANZCO Eye Foundation – Research Partners
- Orthoptic training programs
- Vision 2020 Australia
- Allied Health Professions Australia (AHPA) (formerly HPCA)
- National Allied Health Classification Committee (formerly Casemix)
- Health Services Union of Australia
- Australian Rural and Remote Health Taskforce.
The Federal association also consists of a number of committees which progress and implement initiatives within the organisation, including the following:
- Editorial (Australian Orthoptic Journal)
- Continuing Education
- PR & Development
- Workplace Relations & Conditions.
Orthoptics Australia relies on the honorary contribution of its members for the ongoing coordination of committees and OA initiatives.
Involvement with state and federal activities and council is a professionally and personally rewarding experience. If you are interested in becoming involved please do not hesitate to speak with your state representatives or the President and other office-bearers.
Orthoptics Australia conducts a Workforce Survey at intervals to aid the future planning, education, funding and advancement of our rapidly changing profession.
The 2012 Workforce survey is now open. Take the 15 minute survey today.